The Diode Laser
Gotreat group provides all kind of cosmetic services. We are a pioneer company in Iran medical tourism industry. The Diode Laser applicator has been designed in response to the high demand for the removal of unwanted hair in all body areas. It offers the ability to treat large areas fast with high efficacy and comfort. Diode Laser hair removal is one of the most comfortable procedures for permanent hair removal. Slight discomfort may be sensed as the laser handpiece passes over the treatment areas but no topical anesthetics are necessary for this procedure. The Diode applicator is also considered the “gold-standard” of hair-removal lasers as it can be used to treat all skin types effectively and with the fewest number of treatments. No crossing over the same areas is required as with other hair removal procedures, making the treatment time even shorter. Few short sessions, usually 5-6, are required in order to permanently remove hair, with just a few touch ups that may be required over time.
What is the Diode Laser? The Diode laser hair removal system involves a beam of concentrated light and heat that is directed into the hair follicles, and therefore to the melanin contained in them. The pigment absorbs the laser energy and is destroyed, inhibiting hair growth in the affected hair follicles. The laser energy is directed at these follicles while simultaneously protecting the surrounding skin from harm. The Diode laser method of hair removal may involve several treatments. Each session with the laser is fast, and there is little to no down time. Side effects from Diode laser hair removal are minimal, but there may be redness on the treated area. This redness should disappear within two days.
How does Diode laser hair removal work?
Diode laser transmits energy in a pure red light that is absorbed by the melanin of the hair. It is converted into heat in the root of the hair, which eliminates the cells responsible for hair growth. The pure red colored light is the most effective to destroy the hair cells, which is why the diode laser is so effective treatment for hair removal.
Hundreds of hair are targeted at the same time by the light beam emitted by the diode laser hair removal machine. It takes just ten minutes for the removal of unwanted facial hair and a mere half an hour for the larger areas. Thus, it is significantly a faster way of hair removal.
The lesser number of sessions
Since the diode laser hair removal machine can target a number of follicles at the same time, the number of sessions required to complete the procedure is reduced to a large extent. The number of sessions to be performed depends primarily on the hair color and the targeted area.
Painless treatment The diode laser hair removal is totally painless treatment except for some tingling sensation in some patients if the diode laser beam is focused on the highly sensitive areas. Permanent method of hair removal The diode laser hair removal is a permanent method of hair removal from the face, hands, legs, Useful on various types of skin of both men and women The diode laser hair removal is applicable for all kinds of skin type, hair color, body location, and skin color. Also, it is suitable for both men and women.
How many sessions Diode laser treatment needs?
Most people will need an average of 6-10 sessions to get rid of the majority of the hair. The treatment works by targeting hair in the active growth phase, and since hair grows at various stages in the cycle, several sessions are necessary to disable all the follicles in a given area. The results depend on the area being treated and can be influenced by gender, age, and hormones.
- The area to be treated should be shaved the day before your treatment.
- NO Tanning (self-tanner, tanning bed, etc.) 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- NO plucking, waxing, using a depilatory or undergo electrolysis in the areas you wish to have treated 4 weeks prior to treatment. Shaving is fine.
- NO Accutane 6 months prior to treatment.
- NO make-up, lotion, body oil, perfume, and jewelry prior to your appointment.
- If you have a history of Herpes Simplex Virus or cold sores, you must pre-medicate one day prior to treatment to prevent further outbreaks.
- Please inform your technician of all current/changes to your medications four (4) weeks prior to your scheduled treatment. Certain medications may cause your skin to be more sensitive to both sunlight and laser light. For your safety, we need to be aware of any medications you are presently taking.
Some redness and swelling around the treated area is normal after treatment and may feel similar to a sunburn. This should resolve within several hours to several days after treatment.
- Applying ice packs or cool compresses will help with any discomfort
- NO exercising or working out for a minimum 12 hours until the redness has subsided.
- NO saunas, hot tubs, or hot showers for a minimum 12 hours until the redness has subsided. A warm shower is fine if no redness appeared on the treated area. Stop immediately if redness appeared during the shower, and apply the treated area with ice.
- NO irritants(glycolics, acids, retinoids, etc.) for 7 days after treatment.
- NO real suntan or use solariums for the entire duration of the course of treatments and for 1 month after the final treatment.
- NO plucking, waxing, using a depilatory or undergo electrolysis in between treatments. If needed, the only other acceptable hair removal method is shaving.
- Apply sunscreen daily. It should be at least SPF 30 protects UVA/UVB and contains the physical blockers zinc oxide and titanium oxide. If sun exposure is expected, please apply SPF 50 sunscreen.
- It may take1-3 weeks for the dead hairs to shed out of the follicles. It’s recommended that you gently exfoliate the treated area 2-3 times the week after your treatment. Apply moisturizer after exfoliating to help skin replenish.
Side effects Because of the high intensity of the light used, everybody in the treatment room MUST wear protective goggles or glasses to avoid possible eye injury. Immediately after treatment, redness, minor burning can occur at the treated area and very rarely small blisters like from excessive sun exposure may appear. On the treated area, temporary whitening or darkening of the skin can occur. If the aftercare instructions are NOT carefully followed, color changes may be permanent. Most people experience no side effects at all, and the described skin reactions usually disappear within hours to a few days. During your consultation, you will be informed about possible side effect and aftercare regimen and all information what you need to know in order to avoid possible side effects. Costs The price varies considerably based on the size of the treatment area. Depending on the area you’re treating and your bodies reaction to the treatments, you can expect to need various methods to permanently get rid of hair